Dear Parent and Guardian,
This web page covers the behavior expectations, rules and regulations for students at our school as well as the consequences for violating these expectations.
The safety and security of our students is a top priority, and enforcing the strict, but reasonable, behavior guidelines is a key element in maintaining a safe learning environment for all students.
We encourage parents/students to read this pages so that students and other family members understand that certain types of behavior are not acceptable in our school. While the vast majority of our students never break the rules, it is important that every student and parent know what behavior would be praised and what would be punished.
If you have any questions ,please do not hesitate to contact our Discipline Master Mr. Wong
· School opens at 7:30 a.m.
· Students must arrive at school before 8:15 a.m.
· Monitor gets class diary from general office
· Teachers and prefects will be present to maintain good order
Roll Call 8:15-8:45
· Class teachers take roll call and check students’ school uniform.
· Announcements are made.
· Students put their mobile phones in the lockers under the guidance of class teachers.
· Monitors collect and put the exercise books and homework record form to teachers
· Reading lesson is conducted during this period.
Lessons begin 8:45
· During lessons, students cannot leave classroom without permission.
Recess 9:50-10:05 and 11:10-11:25
· Students can stay in the classroom or buy snacks at the tuck shop.
· All S.1 students must stay in the classrooms in the first 35 minutes to have lunch.
· Students should clean up the classroom after lunch.
· Afterwards, students have 15 minutes free time but they must stay in the school
· S2 to S6 students can either stay in the classrooms or go outside for their lunch.
Roll Call 1:20
· Subject teachers take roll call.
· Students can stay in the classroom or buy snacks at the tuck shop.
· Students cannot enter other classrooms.
End of a day 3:40
· Students should clean up the classroom.
· Students leave the classroom and the school in an orderly way.
· Students should go home immediately after school.
· Monitor returns the class diary to general office.
· Extra-curricular activities and Tutorials begin.
· Students should leave school no later than 5:30 p.m. after extra- curricular activities
· and tutorials.
All the class Monitors have the right and duties to assist the class and subject teachers to maintain a good order in their own classroom.
1. Students have to fulfill the “15 C 50” policy of the school. Students cannot be promoted if
(1.1)they have been absent for 15 days or more.
(1.2)their conduct grade is below C.
(1.3)their average mark does not reach 50.
2. Students need to maintain appropriate conduct under all circumstances whether they are in or outside the school.
3. Students are reminded not to bring unnecessary items (e.g. magazines, toys, electronic devices, jewellery) which may distract them from their studies.
4. Students must treat all staff in the school with manners and respect whether in or outside the school.
5. If any student commits any major misconduct (e.g.: truancy, fighting, stealing, gambling, smoking, cheating, vandalism or other misbehaviour), the student will be suspended from school or even expelled.
6. School property should be treated with care. If any student is caught vandalizing or damaging any school property, the corresponding parents will be asked to pay the cost of repair or replacement.
(7.1) During school hours, students are not allowed to leave the school without the school office’s approval.
(7.2) Students must provide medical proof for any sick leave.
(7.3) Students must acknowledge and await the school’s approval before taking casual leave.
(7.4) A demerit will be given to students who failed to follow the procedure of applying leave 3 times.
(7.5) Students must inform the school and seek approval before booking the flight if they are going aboard for 5 days or more. A demerit will be given if students do not follow this rule.
Students must wear the proper school uniform tidily in school (including Extra-Curricular Activities and during holidays). The House P.E. uniform is to be worn during days with P.E. lessons. Proper school uniform includes:
(1.1) The school assigned Schoolbag
(1.2) Winter Uniform
<1.2.3> Cardigan: Only grey colour is allowed.
<1.2.4> School Jacket: No outside jacket is allowed.
(1.3) Summer Uniform
(1.4) PE Uniform
(1.5) Make-up, jewellery and accessories are not allowed.
(1.6) Headbands and hair ties are allowed only with black colour.
(1.7) Headscarves are allowed only in plain black or white colour.
(1.8) Hair must be neat with no hairstyling substances such as oil, hair gel or hair clay.
(1.9) Students will be given a bad mark if any inappropriate uniform violation is found. One light
demerit will be given for every 3 violations of the uniform policy.
(2.1) Students can be exempted from the school appearance policy with regard to accessories with the following proof:
<2.1.1> Documents of proof for religious necessity signed by parents; followed by consultation with parents or guardians.
<2.1.2> The discipline committee reserves the right to determine the validity of the student’s request.
(6.1) Practices (for joint-school and external competitions only): Students are required to get a form from the office and get approval from the Form Master on that day. The student must attend the Late Detention Class on the next school day.
(6.2) Tutorials: Students should attend the Late Detention Class on the next school day if they have tutorials on the day that they are late.
Due to the recent availability of mobile phones with many recording functions, as well as they are the significant source of distraction. Therefore, the use of mobile phones will now be restricted within Broadway.
Students are allowed to bring mobile phones to school however they must follow the following guidelines:
扣分 Mark Deducted
缺點 Light Demerit
小過 Minor Demerit
大過 Major Demerit
Personal Misbehaviors 涉及個人的違規行為
被扣五分 5 marks deduction
被扣十五分 15 marks deduction
被扣四十五分 45 marks deduction
遲到 Late for school
學生遲到二次被記缺點一次every late 2 times
校服儀表不檢 Untidy uniform
言詞猥褻 Using indecent and insulting language
說黑社會術語 Using triad language
與上課無關物品回校 Bringing along with items not to be used
帶不雅物品回校 Bringing along with indecent articles
破壞公物 Damaging school properties
私自離校 Leaving school without permission
塗污公物 Smearing school properties
偷竊公物 Stealing school properties
拾遺不報 Keeping lost properties
留堂逃走 Leaving school without permission during detention
校內吸煙 Smoking in school
校內賭博 Gambling in school
不守集會秩序 Disturbing in assembly
不守排隊規則 Failing to conform to the lining up instructions
不守試場規則 Failing to conform to the exam regulations
不守陸運會規則 Failing to conform to the regulations of Sports Day
擅自離開課室 Leaving classroom without permission
擅入禁區 Entering restricted area
做出容易引致危險的動作 Behaving dangerously
做出意識不良的行為 Behaving indecently
藏有危險性物品 Possessing dangerous articles
冒家長簽名 Faking parent signature
曠課 Cutting school
逃學 Playing truancy
故意遲到 Intentional lateness
不依校規請假 Failing to conform to school regulations for leave
故意留私人物品在學校 Leaving personal belongings in school
上課時做別科功課 Doing homework of other subjects during class time
上課時看其他刊物 Reading magazines during class time
上課時飲食 Drinking and eating during class time
上課時玩耍 Playing during class time
不專心上課 Inattentive in class
私自調位 Exchanging seats without permission
欠帶上課用品 Failing to bring along items to be used repeatedly
欠交功課 Failing to hand in homework repeatedly
破壞上課秩序 Disturbing during class time
默書作弊 Cheating in dictation
測驗作弊 Cheating in test
考試作弊 Cheating in exam
Misbehaviors related to others涉及老師及同學的違規行為
對老師無禮 Impolite to teachers
對學長無禮 Impolite to school prefects
不尊重老師 Behaving disrespectfully to teachers
不服從老師指示 Failing to conform to teacher instruction
不服從學長指示 Failing to conform to school prefect instruction
侮辱老師 Insulting teachers
蓄意破壞老師財物 Damaging teacher belongings deliberately
擅取他人物品 Taking other’s belongings
戲弄同學 Teasing classmates
蓄意破壞同學物品 Damaging classmate’s belongings
騷擾同學 Disturbing classmates
毆打同學 Beating classmates up
欺壓同學 Bullying other classmates
恐嚇同學 Threatening classmates
煽動同學打架 Stirring up fighting
煽動同學引起糾紛 Stirring up argument
教唆同學違反校規 Instigating classmates to violate school regulations
粗暴對待同學 Treating classmate forcibly
協助他人犯校規 Accessory to violating school regulations
校外與異性同學有親暱行為 Behaving indecently outside school
校外行為不檢 Behaving inappropriately outside school
|A001||Active participation in class activities||Light merit|
|A002||Active participation in organizing school club activities||Light merit|
|A003||Excellent performance in school club activities||Merit|
|C001||Showing enthusiasm in helping schoolmates||Light merit|
|C002||Model student of good learning attitude and manner||Light merit|
|C003||Polite to teachers and schoolmates||Light merit|
|C004||Returning found item||Light merit|
|R001||Representing school for external competitions||Light merit|
|R002||Representing school to join competitions with good performance||Merit|
|R003||Make more honors for school||Major merit|
|S001||Assisting teachers in maintaining class order||Light merit|
|S002||Assisting teachers in class affairs||Light merit|
|S003||Assisting class in organizing activities||Light merit|
|S004||Class monitor||Light merit|
|S005||Active participation in charity activities||Light merit|
|S006||Assisting in school affairs with good performance||Light merit|
|S007||Showing enthusiasm in helping teachers||Light merit|
|S008||Class monitor of good performance||Merit|
|S009||School prefects of good performance||Merit|
A: Activity C: Conduct R: Representing School S: Service
*Max 2 merits will be counted in each category
Each student has a basic conduct marks of 100. All teachers are authorized to upgrade or downgrade students’ conduct marks. It is a continuous conduct assessment in each term.
When students show good behaviors, teachers can add them conduct mark or give them honor (equivalent to +5 marks), merit (equivalent to +15 marks), major merit (equivalent to +45 marks). On the contrary, when students show deviant behaviors, teachers can deduct them mark or give them light demerit (equivalent to -5 marks), demerit (equivalent to -15 marks), major demerit (equivalent to -45 marks).There are four categories for upgrading students’ conduct marks, likes good behaviors, services, competitions, and others. In each category, each student can only get 30 conduct marks (equivalent to 2 merits) at most. The exceeding conduct marks will not be shown into student’s final conduct marks. Student can only receive each award item once in each term from a teacher. A teacher granting the same award item to a student more than once in each term is invalid. Refer to “The references for students punishment and award” for the standard for assessment. The scale of marks and conduct grades are as follows:
|Good mark = 1|
|Light Merit = 5|
|Merit = 15|
|Major Merit =45|
|Black mark = 1|
|Light demerit = 5|
|DeMerit = 15|
|Major demerit =45|
* No punishment record for A+ conduct * Student who has been punished by 2 or more light demerits cannot get A conduct.